Designed specifically for AR-15 rifle owners to learn everything from the basics of safe gun handling, safe operation, range etiquette, marksmanship fundamentals, maintenance and more!
The ArmaLite AR-15 is a semiautomatic, 5.56×45mm, air-cooled, gas-operated, magazine-fed rifle, with a rotating bolt and straight-line recoil design. It was designed by Eugene Stoner and it is based on the ArmaLite AR-10 rifle. The AR-15 was designed above all else to be a lightweight rifle, and to fire a lightweight, high-velocity small caliber cartridge to allow U.S. infantrymen to carry more ammunition.
In this course students will learn the following:
- A brief history of the AR-15
- Nomenclature overview and operation of the rifle
- Disassembly and reassembly
- Cleaning and maintenance
- Proper shooting fundamentals, positions, techniques & marksmanship
- Defensive shooting techniques & live fire drills
- Clearing malfunctions and malfunction drills
- Sling use and carry techniques
- Zeroing iron sights
- Zeroing electronic / red dot sights / scopes
- Understanding projectile trajectory
- Confirming mechanical off-set and hold-off for point of impact (sight over bore relationships)
- Emergency reloads, tactical reloads and speed reloads
- Customization options
- Differences between gas impingement and gas piston systems
Note: Without State Department approval we are prohibited from offering this class to foreign nationals who cannot demonstrate proof of legal residency in the United States.